Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We Interrupt The Cleaning Frenzy...

Holy heck! I've been working constantly on cleaning my basement and organizing my stamping stuff! One good point, the hole in the wall has been fixed. Phew! ;) Now on to painting. Of course that really should wait until I have everything put away. Hmmm....that could take an eternity! I promise to show you some pics by the mid-week NEXT week! ;) That give me a little more time to finish up and hopefully I will surprise myself and finish up a little earlier. How nice would that be!


In the meantime, how about this little quickie...and I do mean quickie! This one took all of 10 minutes...if that! ;) I made this one during VSN Friday night. While keeping things moving I realized I was short one sample and needed something fast so I threw this one together....a little panicked...but hey, it was fun!

A little background...the challenge was to pull out a stamp that you didn't like. Wowzers! That was so hard, until I remembered this one! This stamp set is from SU. I remember thinking that I HAD to have it. Why? Hmm...I still can't remember the answer to that question....but I got it. It's pretty much been in the package ever since and is now in my stack of retired that I need to get rid of! FUN challenge! Hey, they all were! I really loved VSN! But man this stamp just doesn't like me!

Do you want this one? Reply to this post and it's yours! :) Seriously, it was really hard working with it! I truly see the beauty in this stamp...REALLY I do....but working with it is such a challenge for me. It screams watercolor to me and since I am not such a fan of watercoloring I never want to stamp it! I opted to stamp, distress, and then add the circle...just to keep it simple!

Ok...so reply and I will choose a winner on Sunday March 1st. Hopefully one of you will be able to work magic with this one! :)

Ok...off to try and get busy with this whole cleaning thing. How nice would it be to actually finish...today! :) Hope you all have a great one! :)


17 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Sound like you are getting closer and closer to your room getting finished. As long as you can see process that helps with all the work you have to do. Cute card and love the dp.

Vicki G said...

That is very pretty.... I remotely remember that set........ I am thinking SAB one year.....anyway, I like it mucho~

Yep, still blog surfing.....going to get going momentarily~

Vicki

mumgranny said...

You can send your poor orphan stamp to OHIO - I will love it and give it a good home.

Good luck with the cleaning up your stamp area - its' an ongoing process for me.

lisa808 said...

Glad you had a chance to take a break from cleaning. I think you did a beautiful job stamping with your poor, unloved set.

mudmaven said...

I love this stamp! To me it screams - put me on a tile and color me with chalk! ~chris

tlc3plus said...

Glad you got the hole fixed! If it's not one thing it's another... that's my motto!

I can understand why that would be difficult to work with but you have done a great job with it.

My question is?? what else do you have in that stack??

Karen said...

What you can do in 10 minutes!!whoa!! Beautiful card! I had a cleaning frenzy today too!!! A girlfriend came over and kept me on task....woohoo!! But I think I should have done the painting first like you!! Can't wait to see the results!!

Melinda aka Passionfruit said...

I would love the challenge of this set! It is a lovely card and you used the stamp very well! Love reading your blog to see what treats you always have for us.

Anonymous said...

I think it is a beautiful stamp. But must agree it reminds me of watercolors too. But I like to do watercolors :-)

Can't wait to see your stamping area photos! Good luck finishing.

Kathy said...

Hi there Jennifer-I really like your card! I hope I win so I can give the stamp a try--I'll send you a card made w/the stamp:-)
Have a good evening! Kathy T
2obx@embarqmail.com

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun challenge. Your card is beautiful -- even if you don't like the stamp!

Ashley Newell said...

This card is gorgeous Jennifer! I think it does like you!

Anonymous said...

The card is great and I love the way you used the stamp. I would love to give it a new home. Looking forward to seeing your room. Thanks, Annette

FibreJunky said...

I think it's beautiful. Of course, I don't think I've seen you make anything that I didn't think was gorgeous. I think that stamp likes you just fine - but if you really want to send it away, it won't hurt my feelings if you send it here.

AngieG2000 said...

Good luck on finishing your stamping area. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Thanks for a chance at winning the stamp. I think it's pretty, and the card your made with it is beautiful!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Gosh, Jennifer, you have created a FABULOUS CARD in such an interesting way with a stamp you don't even like -- hat's off to you -- job well done!!! I LOVE this card -- truly LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

OOHHH! I love retired StampinUP! stamps. You did a beautiful job on the card. Love your work.
p.hricenak@insightbb.com