Friday, February 27, 2009

Time To Stamp Simply! (post 1 of the day)

Yay! It's time to Stamp Simply! :) I am SOOOO excited about this weeks challenge (ssnotime76)! Do you have cabin fever? I absolutely DO! I am so ready for spring! Heck! I am actually ready to just bypass spring and head straight for summer! I would LOVE to be on a boat somewhere watching the sun set or rise...whatever! Just as long as it's warm and sunny on my face! Thus the inspiration for my card this week.

I took Papertrey Ink's new Background Basics: Retro. I decided to use one of the borders to create an ocean and then sponge a warm, sunny, sun! Take a peek....


I also added the sentiment from PTI's Handwritten Notes. This is such a sweet set! I love that the whole team came up with sentiments and that they are all in their very own handwriting! Hmm....I'm thinking someone near and dear has a couple of sentiments in this set.... ;) Yay, Becky! :)

On that sunny note, be sure and check out the rest of Sharon's team...

1. Heather
2. Dee
3. Tammy
4. Janine
5. AJ
6. Julie
7. Becky - is taking the night off.

Hope you all have a great one and that even if it isn't warm...you get to enjoy a 'sunny' day! :)

Back in a bit! :)



11 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my goodness!! The simplicity of this card just takes my breath away -- it is stunningly beautiful!!! What a clever girl you are -- I LOVE this!!! GREAT take on the challenge!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Jennifer, how clever you are with this card! It is beautiful. I too love the simplicity!!

Joan

Heather said...

Super cute!
You have nailed it, that is exactly where I would like to be too, sitting by the ocean, sun on my face.

Darlene said...

AWESOME!!
This is so clever and so simple! Wonderful card ... I can feel the rays of that sun on my face already!!

Kay said...

You really nailed the challenge, and brought a little "sunshine" into our lives today! Too Cute!

The Rubber Maid said...

This card just screams for that wonderful summer sun. What a great way to go...love it. Pat

StampinCathy said...

What a fanatic card. I sure can you this sunshine today. It's cold and rainy here today. Thanks for brighting up my day.

Anonymous said...

I love it Jennifer!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute! Looks exactly like that scene I'd like to see in the Bahamas right now!

Julie Koerber said...

How fun.. yet how simple! Love it! Too creative Miss Jenn!!! Have a great weekend!

Paola said...

Love the simplicity of this card.
Very nice.