Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Rose

Happy Sunday! I thought I would share a little inspirational card today that I made with this fantabulous new set from the ever so talented Melanie Muenchinger. This set is called A Year Of Flowers. LOVE it! It's fab-U! I fell in love with the flowers instantly. Melanie is so super talented. I am such a HUGE fan! Her images are usually so whimsical and fun. This one just shows how incredibly versatile and talented she is. It's so elegant and beautiful.

How BEAUTIFUL is this flower! They are all gorgeous! As I started working with it I wasn't sure what direction I would take. I have a TON of these flowers colored and cut out! ....that's for another day! ;) But then I read this quote and decided to take a simple route....which I think is perfect for this one!

I used PTI card stock...white, kraft....and pure poppy ribbon. Then I colored the flower in with my copic markers.

That's it for me for right now. I have another one that I need to get posted today...hopefully I will have it up before bed! It's been one of those lazy Sunday afternoons here! Gotta love that!






4 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

I agree that the flower is gorgeous. You can use it for a lot of things. I love the simplicity of this card!

Nancy said...

Great card...love how you colored the rose.

Melanie said...

Thank yo Jennifer for all your kidn words, you're makign me blush! I love this simple design, and how you highlighted just the "rejoice", it's all beautiful!! :)

Joan Fricker said...

Jennifer, what a beautiful simple card. your coloring is just terrific and I love your sentiment!

Joan