Sunday, October 5, 2008

Circle, Circle...

Me again! :) It's a good thing you only get one notification when I update this blog! I think this is my third post and I still need to get the blog candy together so I will be back for at least one more! :)

I got a new Unity stamp kit last week. This one is from Jen E who is one of my design team buddies over there. The kit is called Middle School Madness and it's the CUTEST! One of the stamps in the kit says 'circle, circle, dot, dot, now I got my cootie shot'! How funny is that! Well, I thought it screamed for a kiddie {heart} card of some sort!

So here you go....
How fun is that! I opted to keep the chipboard heart bare...I thought it went better with the kiddie feel. The stitching is something new...or at least it was aided by a new product I picked up at my LSS the other day. Have you guys seen the new thing from Bazzil? It's called In Stitchz. There are tons of different templates that are sort of like the one that comes in the SU Paper Piercing kit except they are different shapes. I used the circles for this one.
Here's a picture of the pad, piercing tool and the circle template. I needed a new tool and pad...the pad I have from SU is tearing in half and I broke my piercing tool a while back...don't ask...it really should only be used for piercing paper.... Hmm...let me at least say that I wasn't trying to 'pierce' anyone! lol! But I thought it might unclog my crystal effects and well, it bent the tip and...
Ok...moving on! Here's a picture of the stuff....
I LOVE the pad because it's actually quite large. My whole card fit which was nice. The template has a straight border around the entire piece...that's always nice for spacing brads and if you are just looking for a straight stitch....and it has the different sized circles. And no...I'm not being paid to share this with you! LOL! I'm starting to sound like a salesperson! ...I just really, really LOVE this new toy so I wanted to share!
Ok...off to choose my blog candy! I have no idea what I am going to include but I am thinking since we are all thinking Christmas, it will be Christmas related!
Hope you are all having a great day! I will post you in a few! :)

6 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Jennifer this is just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jennifer..This card definately `Rocks` I love how you kept your chipboard bare...and that stitching is `Fab`....Yaah...
Havve a lovely Day:)~X~

Lisa H. said...

what a fabulous card, Jennifer! I love the red stitching! and yes, that set is too fun!

Anonymous said...

Your circle card is GREAT!!!! I have used some of the Bazzill in stitches on my scrapbooking, this looks great on a card. This circle template is on my wishlist! Jodi

Felicia said...

I had no idea about this In Stitchz I am definitely going to have to check that out. Your card is super cute! I love the bare chipboard I always think it needs to be covered!

Anthonette said...

I love the stitching! I had never of In Stitchz. I love the layers of ribbon and embellishments. Thanks for sharing.