Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Let's Get Inspired!

It's time for Beate's BIC26 weekly challenge! This weeks challenge is so clean and calm and crisp. I love this one. It comes to you straight from the Pottery Barn catalog....

When I first looked at this one I was drawn to the curtains in the background. I love the blue...isn't that Pacific Blue? ;)...and the vanilla together and it looks like a beautiful window in between. I couldn't take my eyes off of that. When I started my card, however, I was just not able to 'feel' it. How funny is that! Whatever! lol!
Anyway, I opted to be inspired by the focal point. The couch. Here's the direction I took with this challenge....
I have so been wanting to use this paper and when I saw it this morning I thought it was perfect! I used one of my Unity sentiments. This one is from the kit Something Within..it's one of my all time fav's! The paper is from a kit that I got from Studio Calico...thank you AJ for the new addiction! The flowers are Making Memories.
That's it for me. I am off to get caught up on some stuff around here...hopefully will be back for more stamping today. Be sure and check out the rest of Beate's team...
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a wonderful day! :)
Post you soon!

14 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Good Morning - Jennifer!!!
Your card turned out beautiful!!! The BV is wonderful too!!!

Have a great day - hugs ~S~

sarahw said...

That is really pretty. I love the paper. Thanks for sharing.

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Jennifer!
Love the sentiment, the layout, the paper, the flowers...everything!
Have a wonderful day! House tonight!!! I can't wait. Hugs and smiles

Tiff said...

I just subscribed to their kit too :) LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with that dsp and the quote! They tie well together!!!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS card Jennifer! I Love it!
TFS
Keesh x

Ashley Newell said...

This is LOVELY! Great card Jennifer!

PS I took your advice and tried out for the DT.

Heather said...

This is a striking card, I love the crisp look of navy and white with a touch of red.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just beautiful, Jennifer! LOVE the sentiment! Perfect card! Hope you're having a great day!

Antje said...

Great card!! love the contrast blue/white.... and the quote... and the big circel...and the scalloped boarder.... I think I love just everything!!

Danielle L. said...

This is so sharp and elegant!!! Love it Jennifer!

Shelly Koskinen said...

I love your card!

Joan Fricker said...

Jennifer, this is beautiful. I love the colors and the simplicity of the design. Great job!

Joan

Anonymous said...

So `Beautiful` and elegant ..I love your inchie card Jennifer ..that ribbon is `Gawgess`
`Enjoy` your Day:)~X~

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just LOVE the crispness to this -- truly stunning!!!