Saturday, December 20, 2008

What Started It All

Today is going to be pretty crazy around here. Do I always say that? This is the last crazy day for a while! Thank goodness! I am working on a scrapbook for a friend and need to finish it up by tomorrow afternoon. Once this project is finished I can officially relax! All of my big PTO responsibilities are over and all of the big extra projects are finished...30 projects for SU a couple of weeks ago! Holy heck! That was a lot! One more big one. :)

Last night I decided to sneak in a little fun staming. What better way than to participate in a Splitcoast challenge. The oh so sweet, Jeanne, is hosting the limited supply challenge. For this one you need to create a holiday card...any holiday will do....using blue (at least 3/4 of the card should be blue) and only one! embellishment. Wowzers! For this one I pulled out my first Unity love, Butterfly Beauty. This is the stamp that I very first saw from Unity and I fell in LOVE instantly!
LOVE those butterflies! They are big and fabulous! The paper for this is October Afternoon. I also used PTI's Ripe Avocado cs and ribbon. I colored the butterfly with copics and then went over it again with Shimmerz.
I bet you're wondering what the heck kind of holiday card is this! Well, this was the perfect challenge! I still have a list of obscure holidays from this month Dirty Dozen challenge...open to all this month! The holiday I chose is 'Reach As High As You Can' day. What an awesome holiday! I thought that both the butterfly and the sentiment were perfect for this day....which is celebrated on April 14th. I actually think this is one we should celebrate every day!
Off to work on that scrapbook. Hope you are all having a great day!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Jennifer!! I agree that it is a day to celebrate every day!!

Have fun scrapping! I am going to sit down to work on one today as well!!

Happy holidays to you!!

veronica said...

love your papers. also, that pti avocado cs and ribbon is a great color. i may have to make a purchase. tfs.

*Sally* said...

How totally wonderful these colours are together!
Best of luck getting that scrapping finished!

Beth Thomas said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love the LO and the butterfly! So excited to get to "play" with you on the JBE DT!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card. I love that butterfly!