Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 6 - Simple Table Decor

How fun is this! And the fun just keeps on coming! :)

Today I have the pleasure of participating in a challenge brought to us by the great Heather Telford. Today's challenge? Table Decor. How cool is that!? There are sooo many directions you could go with this one. LOVE that!

Well, you know me...in keeping with 'Stamping Simply'...I wanted to create something beautiful but something that you could do in a short amount of time. EPLS. I picked up a beautiful bowl at Michaels a while ago that has been sitting on my desk waiting for some lovin'. With my 50% off coupon the bowl was less than $10...gotta love that! What's next? Rub ons! Can't get more EPLS than that! Add some of those yummy scented pine cones.....


EPLS! The photo isn't the best...it was already pretty grey outside by the time I took this one...of course, December here tends to be pretty grey anyway! I love this sitting on our kitchen table....I love the cinnamon smell and the simplicity of the design.

Be sure and check out the rest of the sample makers....


You can also find a super fun challenge being hosted by Leanne Pugliese...be sure and check that one out.

You can find blog candy at AJ Otto's blog.

...and still more candy over at our fabulous hostess' blog....the ever talented Sharon.

Fun to be had by all! :) Love this! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations! Remember that you can link them at SCS under the keyword SSC08.

I'm off to bed! Tomorrow I have a much needed hair appointment and maybe I will treat myself to a little R&R at my LSS...gotta love a day for mom every now and then! :) Hope you are all doing well and that you have a good one! :)

Post you soon!


Glass bowl from Michaels

Rub ons SU

12 comments:

Heather said...

What a great idea, Jennifer. I keep forgetting the cool things I could do with rub-ons. It looks so classy.

Darlene said...

What a fantastic idea Jennifer!! LOVE that bowl and the pinecones (though simple) make for such a lovely centerpiece!! Great job!!

Barbara Schram said...

Perfect idea, Jennifer! This would a lovely decor piece anywhere!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE your bowl of pinecones, Jennifer!!! I have pinecones out at Christmas always, too, and love their scent!!! I even hang them on the tree - just love them -- This is such a great idea!!!! Thanks so much!!!

Deborah said...

Love what you did with your nice glass showpiece! You could also add some pine branches to drape over the sides. Lovely! Merry stampin'! Deb

Joan Fricker said...

Great idea with your glass bowl.Very nice!

Joan

LeAnne said...

Great idea--love the STAMP SIMPLY aspect!
LeAnne

Janine said...

Just so pretty Jennifer... The bowl is going to be a lovely addition to your Christmas table.

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a great idea for a Holiday touch! I rarely use rub-ons and have to pull them out-- modern and pretty design!

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute Buckie! I love pine cones!

Anonymous said...

A fabulous idea Jenn, I hadn't thought about using rubons on anything other than paper, thanks for the great tip!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how nice! It's a lovely and simple centerpiece and just right for my Northwest kind of Christmas. I love this idea! The rub on is perfect!