Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Queen of Everything

Yeah...I wish that was me! As I write this, I've been up since 4AM with the baby, scrubbed some yucky cereal up off of the floor and feed everyone breakfast...that is not the life of a self respecting queen! ;) ...Of course, I really wouldn't change it for anything!...but it would be nice to be able to hire someone to clean the yucky cereal and fix the breakfast! ;)


I got this new stamp from the Cat's Pajama's the other day and couldn't wait to use it! Lucky for me I had this fantastic sketch from Chris Ross for this weeks Page Plans sketch....


Now on to the card. I have to share a bit with you first. I am a paper junkie. By that I mean I have a really hard time passing it up. Whether I am stocking up on all of the new designer packages from Stampin' Up! or buying it by the sheet at my LSS...I just can't walk away. It's really not a problem except that I really don't sit down and make multiple cards. If you get one of my cards in the mail...except for Christmas or swap cards...you can bet that's the only one I've made. Are you getting where I am going with this? I have soooo much decorative paper that I use once and the rest of the 12X12 sheet just sits in a paper tray on my desk or in my paper storage keepers. Well, needless to say these are both overflowing!

This week I decided to just keep on using it. It's a first! I do it all the time with my SU paper but I have an entire package of that when I am using it. Same thing with my PTI paper. But when I buy a sheet from my LSS I don't want to not have it anymore...the collector in me strikes again! While cleaning out my stamping space the other day I came across lots of paper that I really don't like anymore at all! Why? Because it's so old and I didn't want to use it up so I still have it! That's a problem! So todays card is using the same paper I used for Sharon's challenge Friday.

Ok...I love this paper...I only had one sheet...there's not enough left to save...I might cry!...but I love both the cards I made with it. I'm happy with that. Sorry...rambling through my breakfast shake!

I'm off...I just checked the time. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! It is looking like it will be another beautiful day here...of course this is Indiana...you never know what's in store at this time of year!

Post you all soon! :)

Supply List:
1.) Sweet Blush card stock Papertrey Ink
2.) Whisper White card stock Stampin’ Up!
3.) Basic Grey decorative Paper
4.) The Cat’s Pajama stamp set Loving Mew
5.) Pearls from LSS
6.) Sweet Blush satin ribbon Papertrey Ink
7.) Nestibilities smooth and scallop circles
8.) Copic markers
9.) Spica pens
10.) Basic Black ink Stampin Up

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are up since 4 a.m.? Oh my goodness. I hope you will get to take a nap today.
Your card is beautiful! I love the soft colors, the adorable stamp and the gorgeous paper.
Get some rest and have a wonderful week.
Hugs and smiles

Amy said...

Love this one! Enjoy the warm, windy weather! Time to go fly a kite--before the rain. :) As always, your details are amazing. You should have your own line of embellishments--you are so good at using all of the fun, little things that I always see in stores and have no idea what to do with them.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Awesome card, Jennifer! LOVE that little frog! Too cute! I feel your pain about being up early. . .we should make a stamp date out of it! LOL

Andrea, said...

Brilliant card and fab papers, that is such a cute image. Hope you are not up so early in the morning

veronica said...

love your patterned paper too.

Cassie said...

cute card! I too struggle with the same paper problem. But I don't save scraps. They can sit on my desk for a week - maybe two - and if I don't use them again, I toss them. It's horrible, I know!

Jackie said...

I have a paper problem too, it's taking over my craft room!!
I love all your work but this card is just gorgeous.
Sorry I've not been around but I am absolutely swamped with work at the mo. Take care. xx

Stef Perry said...

I have the same problem with the paper I buy at my LSS - that's why we buy it in the first place, it just sings to us!! Very charming card (the frog gave me a good chuckle, actually) thank you for sharing.

Deborah said...

I don't know how you do it! Me and sleep are best friends, however, my babies are all grown up now! Your queen froggie is precious and I am so glad you are using it up! I think we all tend to have a love and weakness to have lots of pattern paper! I will confess to that for sure! Take care, hope you get lots of sleep! Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh My Jennifer...I bet your whacked!!!!lol
Your card is fab..I Love that frog.....
Hope you are well...glad the boys won their Ball Game!!!yaahhh:)x

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the sketch this week...great job!

jjcreations said...

This card is fantastic.....it's so me. I'm known as froglady on Splitcoast, it's part of my e-mail address, and my license plate is Ribitt......Such a princess frog!!! (on your card....NOT me!!!LOL) I love the colours you've used too. Joan

Annapurna said...

Love how all the layers come together perfect. The ribbon in the middle adds to the perfect symmetry.