Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More With This Weeks Page Plans Sketch

Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all having a wonderful week! Today is going to be a busy one so I wanted to get this posted before I run out of time. I have two more cards to share with you using this weeks Page Plans sketch.

Here's the first one. I will confess that this one was a bit of work for me. I had the hardest time getting it right and am still not 100% sure that it is. I love these flowers though...I used them on both cards...thank you Martha!...i bought them at Michaels. They are from the Martha Stewart line.

...and the card....

Of course I couldn't resist making this a flap card. Here's the card open....

I made one more using this sketch. For some reason it looked like a pocket to me. I got this really cute denim paper and distressed the heck out of it...did a little sewing and...viola....

I originally had the black piece denim but it really seems like I am always using black accents lately! (Thanks so much, Sharon!...black really is a great accent!...remember her challenge a couple of weeks ago...) I added the flourish and flower because what great pair of jeans doesn't have some sort of embellishment...or distressing...I really loved the hole for the sentiment.

That's it for now. I am off to get breakfast and run the boys to school....and then I have a list about a mile long! I hope that you are all have a fabulous day and I will post you soon!

11 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Jennifer, these are just gorgeous! WOW! Great takes on the sketch!

beate said...

Wow! Both cards look fantastic! Love what you did with the sketch!

P.S.: Who do you think will go home tonight? I am pretty sure it's crazy hair dude. He didn't even come close to the other ones. David gave me goose bumps with his second song!

Have a wonderful day. Hugs and smiles

Denise~ said...

Gorgeous cards! Love em both! That first one is very cool, the way it opens. Great idea. Love all the stitching too. :)

Gina Hanson said...

Jennifer, I love the top card . . . you do such Amazing work! :)

Julie Koerber said...

MAH- velous!!! I love both of them. You are so stinkin' creative!! :-) Hope all is well!
Julie

Deborah said...

I love both cards! The daisy card is so pretty, love the ribbon and I appreciate your hard work! The demin flap is wonderful! Great job! Have a nice evening! Deb

Carolyn King said...

Fantastic! Love the flap card-your stitching is great!!

Chris said...

Jennifer,
Your cards are awesome as usual. I just love the flap card, oh so creative. Great work!!

Jens Place in Space said...

Wow, I love both cards! Love the denim look. Great job!

dpkennedy said...

These are adorable! Great sketch! Love the stitching on the pocket!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

These are adorable!!! I am especially fond of the stripes and daisies!!!! Wonderful job on both!!!