Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More With This Weeks Page Plans Sketch

Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all having a wonderful week! Today is going to be a busy one so I wanted to get this posted before I run out of time. I have two more cards to share with you using this weeks Page Plans sketch.

Here's the first one. I will confess that this one was a bit of work for me. I had the hardest time getting it right and am still not 100% sure that it is. I love these flowers though...I used them on both cards...thank you Martha!...i bought them at Michaels. They are from the Martha Stewart line.

...and the card....

Of course I couldn't resist making this a flap card. Here's the card open....

I made one more using this sketch. For some reason it looked like a pocket to me. I got this really cute denim paper and distressed the heck out of it...did a little sewing and...viola....

I originally had the black piece denim but it really seems like I am always using black accents lately! (Thanks so much, Sharon!...black really is a great accent!...remember her challenge a couple of weeks ago...) I added the flourish and flower because what great pair of jeans doesn't have some sort of embellishment...or distressing...I really loved the hole for the sentiment.

That's it for now. I am off to get breakfast and run the boys to school....and then I have a list about a mile long! I hope that you are all have a fabulous day and I will post you soon!

11 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Jennifer, these are just gorgeous! WOW! Great takes on the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Both cards look fantastic! Love what you did with the sketch!

P.S.: Who do you think will go home tonight? I am pretty sure it's crazy hair dude. He didn't even come close to the other ones. David gave me goose bumps with his second song!

Have a wonderful day. Hugs and smiles

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous cards! Love em both! That first one is very cool, the way it opens. Great idea. Love all the stitching too. :)

Gina said...

Jennifer, I love the top card . . . you do such Amazing work! :)

Julie Koerber said...

MAH- velous!!! I love both of them. You are so stinkin' creative!! :-) Hope all is well!
Julie

Deborah said...

I love both cards! The daisy card is so pretty, love the ribbon and I appreciate your hard work! The demin flap is wonderful! Great job! Have a nice evening! Deb

Carolyn King said...

Fantastic! Love the flap card-your stitching is great!!

Chris said...

Jennifer,
Your cards are awesome as usual. I just love the flap card, oh so creative. Great work!!

Jens Place in Space said...

Wow, I love both cards! Love the denim look. Great job!

dpkennedy said...

These are adorable! Great sketch! Love the stitching on the pocket!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

These are adorable!!! I am especially fond of the stripes and daisies!!!! Wonderful job on both!!!