Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One Scrappy Card

Hey! It's Tuesday and that means it's time for another super fun inspiration challenge from Beate...BIC15. I really love these challenges. I love how there are so many things that can get your creative juices flowing.

Here's this weeks inspiration piece taken from a JCrew ad....This is such a pretty dress. It seems so fun and festive but the colors seem so calm to me. I love the splash of orange in the midst of the grey, blue and greens. I chose to work with the colors from this piece and see where they took me.

Where was that you ask? Ok...I'll ask for you...right to my scrap paper pile!....

Oh, I finally figured out how to turn the flash off on my camera. Just a little tidbit of info. I used some of my scraps to make this card. I would be impressed if the pile of scraps wasn't as big as it is and if I did this on more of a regular basis! I either need to chuck them or strive to use them more often!

Well that's it for me. Be sure and check out the rest of Beate's team. They are always making the cutest cards! Charmaine, Danielle, Silke, Susan...Dawn is still on vacation...lucky girl! Hope she's having a great time!

I hope you all have a fantabulous day! I'm going to be playing catch up around here. You would think that since we were home for this holiday weekend there wouldn't be much to do. Somehow I am really behind on everything! I'm hoping that everyone cooperates and then I will be all caught up!

Take care and I will post you soon! :)

11 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is gorgeous, Jennifer! I LOVE the color blocking! IT looks wonderful with those colors!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer -- your card is gorgeous!!! Love how you color blocked all the wonderful colors from the dress and the splash of orange is fab!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely inspired card! Great colors and layout!
Smiles, Deena

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, fantastic colours and a beautiful sentiment

Diane Gilbert said...

Love it Jennifer! I really like how you used up some of your scraps! I plan on doing the same for this challenge!!! Hope your having a great day!

Jackie said...

I love the muted colours you've used for this card! I'm still trying to use my scraps (and will probably continue to do so for the next 20 years - yes I have that many :))

I hope you are managing to catch up xx

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I love your card. I love the way you color blocked and how you added the sentiment and accents.
Have a wonderful day sweet friend! What are we going to watch tonight? AI is over! :(
Hugs and smiles

Julie Koerber said...

Jennifer--- this is fabulous! I love the simplicity of it! So mod!!!

Danielle L. said...

I love that color blocked background! Such a fun card with awesome clean lines! Love it! :)

Carolyn King said...

this is gorgeous!!! love what you came up with !

Kay Kalthoff said...

What a beautiful card - I love the fresh clean look and the splash of pumpkin!