Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let's Sew One On!

I really should start these with a little 'dork alert'...I need a special beeper or something...maybe a flashing banner...something...

Ok...back to the post. It's time for Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge #34 and what a fun challenge it is this week! All we have to do is sew....whether it's faux or real...on our cards. You know sewing is my new favorite thing! I love to sew on cards and can't seem to stop! Even though it means dragging my really big sewing machine out and plopping it on my desk...pushing all of the junk out of the way to make room...I LOVE to sew!

...Well, I am obviously really excited about this one! If I had more energy I would link you to about a dozen cards made over the last couple of weeks but I must confess that at the time I am posting this I have the worst migraine and just cannot wait to hit my pillow! ...hey...and I made it through an entire school musical!...that I am still standing is amazing!

Ok...so to the card...This somehow felt 'patch work-y'...(just smile and nod). I also used my copics which I am truly, truly in love with! This really was a simple card. I will confess to still being 5 and loving to color so I really enjoy using these markers.

Be sure and check out the rest of Sharon's team: Julie Koerber, Dee Jackson, Tammy Herschberger, Janine Orchard, Becky Oehlers. These gals always have just the cutest projects and always inspire.

Hope you are all doing well! I will post you once the migraine has passed.

16 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This card is just adorable -- LOVE the patchwork feel and all your fun stitches!!! Adorable images, too!!! Great job -- thank you so much -- and I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

dpkennedy said...

Hi! First time visiting your blog...you left me a nice comment on my Freaky Tiki so I thought I'd pop over. This card is sew cute! Sorry, couldn't help myself! I love the stitching and patchwork and those owls are adorable. The color combo is really nice too! Really cute!
Hope you feel better...I just popped a relaxer myself, pulled my back out yesterday (coughing of all things!) and I am so uncomfortable...but ya gotta get the posts in! Good night!!

Julie Koerber said...

How patch worky!! LOL! LOVE IT! I used this same stamp for a card for a friend's birthday. Too cute! Sorry your head is pounding. Hopefully a good night's sleep will help! Hang in there girlie! :-)

Chris said...

Jennifer,
What a beautiful card. I have that set and I am working on a card, I think that my owls feet are the same color as yours. Great minds think a like!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your stitched card...so very sweet!

Deborah said...

Love your quilt like Owl card! Hope a good night's rest will give you some relief! Take care, Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh My Jennifer...sorry I missed so many of your creations I been a terrible blogger!!!!Thanks for always popping by...your great:)
Your creations are always gorgeous and I love this card it`s toooo cute:)
Have a great weekend:)xxx

Janine said...

This is so cute Jennifer.. Love what you did!! Hope you are feeling better...

Donna Baker said...

what a great card! I love the patchwork - would make a great quilt!

Anonymous said...

luv the stitches and the use of dp:) This is just adorable!! I hope you are feeling better soon.
Dee Jackson

Tammy Hershberger said...

I love the patchwork, Jen and those owls are just so cute! Your stitches are terrific, so evenly spaced! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love this patch work-y card. (I'm smiling and nodding.) It really is adorable. The expression.. those eyes.. on the owls just cracks me up!

Andrea, said...

Adorable card, I love the papers and the stitching. Those owls are so cute, the whole card is just perfect. have a good weekend

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! I love the patchwork design with your papers and those little owls are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, your card is fantastic! I love the patchwork background, the sewing and your gorgeous image and coloring. You rock!
Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs and smiles

Linsey R said...

Oh gosh, your owl card is absolutely darling! I love your patch quilt-like bg with the stitching, it looks amazing! FAB coloring of these little guys! I love it!