Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Verve Sketch Three Ways

There is this fab sketch over at Verve...yes, a contest is involved...the winner will be the guest designer for the month of June. Well, win or not this is a fun sketch and you know me...I'm a sucker for a great sketch! LOVE sketches! I love seeing all of the different interpretations and I love coming up with my own!

So while playing with this sketch I came up with three different cards that I really like. You can check the sketch out over at Julee Tilman's blog or at her Verve blog. Well, when I first saw the sketch I wanted to flip it and turn it into a mailbox. I really love when a sketch just 'looks' like something to me. Love it! Well here's how that one turned out....
The 'mailbox' even opens....

...how funny is it that there was only a one dollar bill in my wallet! I never have cash! :)

So then I had this great idea for turning a star into a flower. The trouble is once the 'flower' was created it looked really Christmas'y' so I had to turn it into a Christmas card. Here is that one...

...and finally...I had to use my heart stamp. I really love the heart from this set. It's spring and so I turned to pinks and greens. I had the perfect pink pearls for this one. Here's my final card...

So that's it. What a fantabulous sketch! This one I will definitely use again!

Thanks for stopping by! I am off to...well...clean my desk! You wouldn't believe how trashed it is! I look forward to posting you all soon!

Have a great night! ;)

7 comments:

Carolyn King said...

that is a great sketch--I love all the clever ways you used it too! Beautiful cards--good luck!!

Lori Craig said...

These are great, Jennifer! Love the star flower and the money holder. I never have cash either...so, you were lucky you had one. :) Hugs!

Shannan Teubner said...

So stinkin cute! You did a great job!

Andrea, said...

Brilliant cards, what a fabulous idea with the money holder

Jackie said...

fab sketch and your cards are just great!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are all just fabulous. What great cards, and fantastic ideas for the sketch.

Amy said...

Wow! I loved your ideas. I especially loved the star that you doubled and layerd to make a starburst or flower. Very cute and I have to try it.

Have a great weekend!