Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Celebration Begins!

Don't ya just love a good party!? I so love celebrating and am so happy to be part of Sharon's Stamp Simply celebration! What a fun time! This will be a week filled with so many fun challenges...that will hopefully help to get us ready for gift giving this season!....and so many goodies! :)


One quick note: If you are looking for a low down of the weeks festivities you can find them here.


Sharon has some blog candy to give away today so be sure and sign up for that one. I think you will find it to be JustRite........hmmmm....... ;)


Janine has a wonderful challenge today and will also be offering blog candy. All you need to do for that one is play. It's a win, win. What are we doing? Well, baking cookies! Can I tell you how many I have eaten in the last 24 hours! Oh my heck! Just taking one for the team.


So here's the deets....A Cookie Recipe Exchange. So all you have to do is bake some cookies and package them up. We're all into seeing how you are going to give them away this year.


I kept mine super simple. Hey...we're still Stamping Simply.... ;) I wanted to also include a package to give the recipe. I love getting the recipe when I get cookies from someone. It's awesome to be able to make them again.


Here are my projects.... Here's one of just the gift bag full of all the yummy goodess!



You gotta love that JustRite Stamper! I used it for my recipe card holder as well.....



Here's the inside of my card holder....



I created a pocket inside of this one to stick the recipe in. I made some of my favorite peppermint cookies. Here's the recipe:


Peppermint Cookies


Ingredients:
1 C unsalted butter {room temp}
3/4 C powdered sugar + a little extra to roll cookies in
1 large egg yolk
2 large egg whites
2 1/2 C unbleached flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C finely crushed hard peppermint candy


Directions:
Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and beat. Add egg whites and beat...mixture will look grainy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in peppermint candy. Roll into ball, cover in plastic wrap and chill one hour. Butter baking sheet and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Flatten with a fork and bake until cookies are golden brown about 20 minutes. Yields 30 cookies.


Can I tell you how much I love peppermint....add a little chocolate and it's a little piece of heaven!


You can check out the rest of the samples for Janines challenge:
AJ Otto
Deb Saaranen
Darlene Pavlick
Barb Schram
Jerri Kay

If you are playing along be sure and either link your blog address at Janines website or you can upload to SCS using the keyword SSC08.


I can't wait to see what you all come up with and I look forward to sharing this fun week with Sharon! :) Congrats on your million milestone! You are amazing and I am so happy that you inspire us each day! :)


Hope you all have a great day! I will post you soon! :)




JustRite Stamper
Basic Grey dsp
White card stock
Nestibilities smooth and scallop circles
SU scallop border punch
sticky pearls
twill tape from Walmart
Ribbon SU
Riding Hood Red ink SU

13 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous projects!! And thanks for sharing the recipe - those cookies sound yummy!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Jennifer -- your project is FABULOUS!!!! I LOVE your bag, but that recipe card holder is over the top adorable!!! What a great idea!!! And YUMMY recipe!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What an adorable cookie bag and recipe card holder! Your cookie recipe sounds delicious as well-- can't wait to try it!

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous projects and very inspiring. You are so creative and love this gift idea.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is darling, Jennifer! And the cookies sound yummy. I'm getting a sweet tooth just visiting all the samples. Oh, you're BAD (but in a good way)! I especially love the recipe holder. What a cute idea!

Barbara Schram said...

Jennifer, this is way cool! Love the bag and the recipe card holder is so cool! Love the contrast with the outer and inside papers! Super!

Darlene said...

First let me say I LOVE how festive your blog looks with all the red & green!!!
Your goodie bad is precious and I just LOVE that recipe holder ... great ideas! Thanks for the recipe ... these sound awesome!!

LeAnne said...

Just lovely! They sound delicious!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Wowzers Jen, this is fabulous! I love your bag, as well as the card holder, it's so beautiful, love the pearls on the label!

Ashley Newell said...

What an adorable package! I love the recipe card holder too, that's an awesome addition to a gift, I always love getting recipes.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful job, Jennifer! I love that you used the "From the Kitchen of" stamp to create a recipe card to go with the gift! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous projects!! I LOVE them. The paper is so beautiful and the projects are gorgeous and useful! Thanks for the recipe. :)

ashley d! said...

i ADORE these projects!! i'm stashing it away in the the "to make" part of my brain!