That's it for me. I am off to watch House. I LOVE that show! ...and I am going to stamp a little. I will be back in a bit with more!
Hope you all have a great night! :)
Well, I made one tiny little change so that this tutorial will in fact be for a 'box' but the end product is basically the same....only better.
Here's a list of supplies you will need:
1.) SU 1 3/8" circle punch
2.) SU scallop circle punch
3.) SU 1 3/4" circle punch
4.) 1 piece of plain card stock...directions for cutting to follow...I used black for the project I am going to share.
5.) 4 pieces of dsp cut 8 1/2 X 5 scored at 4 1/4 on the long side....I used SU's Ghostly Greetings for this...one piece is the orange skulls the rest are the black skulls
6.) 4 pieces of card stock cut to 8 1/2 X 5 scored at 4 1/4 on the long side...I used black for this
7.) Sizzix big mouth
8.) SU Sizzix Pennant die
11.) sand paper/sand block
The first step would be to take your dsp paper (*supply #5 above) and fold it along your score lines. You will line this up with the small pennant on the sizzix die and run this through your machine. Sorry...this was almost impossible to photograph with only one set of hands! ;) When you have these punched out, tear along the perforated portion of the paper and then sand the edges to smooth.
Second, take the card stock (*supply #6 above) and fold it along your score lines and run throught the sizzix with the small pennant die. Do not tear the perforated lines. Put these aside.
Now take your sheet of card stock (I am using black) and score it 1/2" from any edge....
...pay no attention to the way-ward train! ;)
Now flip the sheet and line the score mark at 5 3/4"......
Score.....then line this mark up at 1/2" and cut....
Now repeat this process on the other 'side' of the paper....you will have 1/2" score lines all around your square....
Then cut the corner squares out...leaving this....
Now adhere your dsp triangles to the black scallop triangles and then glue these to the scored strips on your square above. You will then have this....
I then folded up the black triangles and glued them together. I pull the sides in first and glue...then the bottom. You will need to trim a tiny bit from one of the sides before glueing the bottom in place. This is something I 'eyeball' before applying my adhesive. Here's the box once the sides are glued....
Punch holes in the upper sides of the box and tie a ribbon through these holes and embellish/decorate to your liking. Here is my finished project....
Now had my candy gremlins not gotten into the licorice you would see how cute this is with it inside! I have none left! Did they really think I wouldn't notice they had been 'sneaking up on it' by leaving the empty bag? 'Sneaking up on it' is the way they describe this by the way. Evan was 'sneaking up on' the cookies for instance! Of course since Hayden is the youngest and still not really able to say much of anything...or even get the need for defending himself!...he's usually the one that gets blamed.
...You get this gist. Please let me know if you have any questions. If you get a chance to make one, link me up! I would love to see what you would do with it.
The stamp I used for this is from Papertrey. It's Spooky Sweets.
Ok...so I needed to finish this one in a flash so I needed EPLS...that's easy peasy lemon squeezy in our house! ;)...So I pulled out one of my SU scrappin kits and put this little number together....
How easy is this! All of the images are stickers from the scrappin kit. The ribbon is from Target. and then I added a little pearl to the center of the circle. How easy is this! Sometimes you need simple and you need it fast!
The paper is retired from SU. I have a sad face even as I type that! This was one of my favorite Christmas packs. I hoarded it! ...which explains why I have any left at all! I picked this ribbon up at Target. Love when I find stuff like this. I got this HUGE roll for not a lot of money! It was in the 'wedding' stationary section. I picked up the roll of red which matches Real Red and the brown which matches Chocolate chip. Two of my favorite colors!
I colored the leaves with my copic markers and then went back with my red liquid pearls and just added some dots for berries. The ribbon isn't really tied all the way around. I glued a strip down and then used my two hole punch and punched a spot at the base of the leaves and tied a small strip there...just to look like it was tied through. I'm guessing that's about as clear as mud! Sorry about that.
Well, I am off to get the boys some breakfast and send them off to school. I will be back in a bit with todays BIC challenge. FUN one! Just want to say thank you again! I cannot promise I won't keep getting all mushy on you guys! This really has been such an amazing week and I am just feeling so blessed to be right here right now!
Post you all soon!