Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 2 With Gina K

Today is day two of my guest design spot with Gina K. I have really enjoyed working with Gina and her amazing stamps. This has truly been such an honor and I have had so much fun! I just have to say, these last couple of days have been beyond amazing. Thank you so very much for all of your kind words and well wishes. I feel so very lucky to be doing what I love. That there are so many wonderful friends out there just makes this even more amazing! Thank you! Thanks for being so kind and supportive! I really love sharing with you.


So how about I share my day two project? Asela Hopkins is one of the stamp designers over at Gina K. She's such an amazing talent. I really love her work and am so happy that she does what she does! I used Botanical Dreams for this one. This is such a fun set. I see so many possibilities with it. I love that! If I can pull lots of different occassions out of one set I am THRILLED! I used this set for Christmas.


The paper is retired from SU. I have a sad face even as I type that! This was one of my favorite Christmas packs. I hoarded it! ...which explains why I have any left at all! I picked this ribbon up at Target. Love when I find stuff like this. I got this HUGE roll for not a lot of money! It was in the 'wedding' stationary section. I picked up the roll of red which matches Real Red and the brown which matches Chocolate chip. Two of my favorite colors!

I colored the leaves with my copic markers and then went back with my red liquid pearls and just added some dots for berries. The ribbon isn't really tied all the way around. I glued a strip down and then used my two hole punch and punched a spot at the base of the leaves and tied a small strip there...just to look like it was tied through. I'm guessing that's about as clear as mud! Sorry about that.

Well, I am off to get the boys some breakfast and send them off to school. I will be back in a bit with todays BIC challenge. FUN one! Just want to say thank you again! I cannot promise I won't keep getting all mushy on you guys! This really has been such an amazing week and I am just feeling so blessed to be right here right now!

Post you all soon!

6 comments:

Beate said...

Oh my goodness. Your card is stunning! I love everything about it!
Have a wonderful day! Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

simply stunning! i love it!
So glad you're the guestie this month! So happy for all the great things you have going on my friend!

((((((hug))))))

pammy jo said...

what a beautiful Christmas card! i love your coloring and distressing :)

Karen said...

This is the prettiest card! I love the color you chose & the added berries. So smart. Love it!

Toota-loo,
Karen

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just love this Christmas card -- I had a few images from that set from a friend, but I surely missed this gorgeous image -- LOVE it -- so well done!!!

Deborah said...

Great stampin'! Love your hoarded paper so nice here! Deb