Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Let's Recycle!

Have you ordered from Unity yet? No, I'm not trying to be a high pressure salesman here...I am just wondering if you have seen the really cool packaging and the little 'extras' that come along with your order. When I got my first order, I opened up the box to find the most beautiful organza bags....that's what the unmounted rubber pieces come in...and the wood mounted ones are all attached with a plastic 'thread' and they all have this extra wooden tag. Even the handles come with a wooden tag already inserted inside of them. Like this....

You remove your wooden tag and viola...you have your handle...this is the d size handle...and acrylic block. EPLS...I can show you more about that at a later time....for now, I am concentrating on the free tag! I LOVE free! ...
I pulled the tag out and wondered what to do with it. You don't have to keep storing it in the handle. What would be the point of that? What would I do? Throw it away?! NO WAY! I decided to alter it. I actually decided to make a little notepad that I could use in the garage for my landscaping notes. I used Floral Fantastical for this set and my favorite papers of all time! Crate Paper...I'm not sure what line this is from but hey....it's Crate Paper! I LOVE those papers! Here's my little something....

I colored this in with my Copic markers and distressed it with my Antique Linen distress ink. I did add some pearls to the side images...you can never go wrong with pearls! I added a magnet strip to the back so the whole thing will hang on the fridge in the garage.

Oh the possibilities! If you have ordered and have some of the laying around I would love to see what you come up with. If you don't, now is a great time to find out. There is a sale over at Unity right now! You can find out more at the Unity blog.

I hope you all had a wonderful day! I'm off to bed! It's been a great day!...but a LONG day! I will have to take some after pictures when I am all finished downstairs. I posted a before...without really realizing it...at SCS...it was a wreak! I've been working for the last two days cleaning and reorganizing...you wouldn't believe the difference! I'm so tired I can hardly move! ...and I am suffering withdrawals! I really haven't gotten to stamp much! I am hoping to finish tomorrow so I can get lots of stamping in. I NEED that!

Hope you all have a wonderful night and I will post you soon!

8 comments:

Tanis said...

Super cute Jennifer! How clever is that pen clip :)
Can't wait until my first set comes!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Way too adorable. What a brilliant project! :0)

Andrea, said...

What a fantastic idea Jennifer, I hate to throw things away. Love how you have used the clothes peg

Carolyn King said...

What a great way to recycle that tag---it looks fabulous!!

Diane Gilbert said...

jenn what a great idea! You know how I like to recycle too!! Hope you get tp stamp soon.

Alex said...

Too cute Jenn, I just love this!! I don't have any unity stamps, but after seeing all the fab projects, I am really leaning toward my first order - too many stamps, so little time, LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Heather said...

I think this is just sooo cute. So great!!

Dawnie said...

this is PERFECT! I love it. Haven't ordered Unity yet, but will so because my wishlist is getting out of hand...