Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Hello to you all! I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas!

I wanted to work on my sketch card. I know I've said this a thousand times, but I really love sketch challenges! I do love how you can take one layout and produce so many different designs. The sketch is definitely a fav of mine!

Monday my Stampin' Up! preorder arrived so what better time to make a card than now. I am using all new stuff for this one. Ginger Blossom dsp and the Happy Heart Day stamp set. This is a really simple card but I am in between games right now! The boys got a few new ones for Christmas and we've been playing almost all morning. Bowling is really fun!

So here is the card....In all honesty, this card really needs the Nestibilities scalloped square punch. When I ordered mine a couple of months ago they were out. I just ordered them last night. I am hoping it is in! I tried it with the rectangle and it just doesn't work.

I used my copic markers on this one. Notice the highlight on the word 'heart'? This was totally cased from a super cute card that I saw Jen del Muro do which you can see here. As I was going through her site to find the link to the card I ran across this. Sooo cute! Anyway, as I was getting ready to color this in I googled copics and stampin up and guess what I found! This list! I knew there had to be something out there. Too bad I didn't google this before I ordered! I do see the need for getting a few different shades of some colors. It's just easier to shade that way. I used two different browns on the mouses face.

Anyway, bowling is calling. I hope you like this one. I am hoping to get something a little more fun out later this evening once everyone has gone to bed.

Take care & Merry Christmas!

No comments: