Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Gina K Card Swap 'Card'...

Hello to you all! I hope you are having a fantabulous Friday!

I'm just finishing up some cards for Page Plans....can't wait for this weeks reveal! Have you gotten a chance to participate in the current sketch? There is still time if you want to be included in the drawing for some goodies! ;)

I thought today would be the perfect day to share one of my Gina K card swap 'cards'. I keep putting that in quotes because this one isn't really a card at all! This was a super fun swap! We each were to choose a stamp set from the March releases and create a card using that set. I actually signed up for two swaps...but I used the same set for each. My set was the 'What's In Your Tin 2' set from Melanie Muenchinger. What an awesome set! I love it!

How excited was I when I was told it was a-ok to use the little altoid tins for one of the swaps. I had actually just purchased some of them prior to finding the swap so I was super excited! I decided to create a little container for a sick girl. At the time of the swap posting there was lots of talk about the people close to us that were sick and one of them is a little girl...ok...she's little to me! Being a cancer survivor, it was really hard to hear of her being diagnosed....chemo really stinks and to think of a anyone but especially a child experiencing that is so hard! Luckily she is on the mend...still in treatment but doing very well!

...anyway...getting a little too deep....I am going to need to go and hug my kids and play a bit with them after this post...ok...this is what I created....
When you open it this is what you see.....

Here's another one with all of the stuff out....

How fun! There's a paper doll with lots of different outfits, chocolate, a paper ring, and a paper flower. This is one of the most fun things I've ever made! I really enjoyed it! It was actually really easy as well! The 'What's In Your Tin' set has a stamp that fits this tin. Since I was using the decorative paper I ended up only using it for a template. I also used my sizzix machine and the doll body and clothes to create the paper dolls....can't get much easier than that! The ring was EPLS as was the paper flower...er, um...pinwheel....

...and that's that.

I hope that you are all having a great night! I am off to play dominoes...does anyone know how to play this game???? I can never remember...quite frankly it always ends up with the kids makinig the little rows that you knock over. Once we get to that point it's all over!

After they go to bed I am going to start working on Beate's WSC...it's another awesome sketch!...and I think I have the perfect stamp for it!

If you are interested in signing up for a Gina K swap the fabulous Joanne Basile has another swap started over at SCS. Check it out! It would be great to swap with you guys! There's only four more spots and she is going to have a drawing that will give one lucky winner a Gina K gift certificate! How cool is that!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope to be posting my sketch card tomorrow...if all goes well tonight that is! ;)

11 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is adorable! Love it! Have a great weekend!

Donna Baker said...

this is SO cue, Jennifer! great job, love the colors & all the pretty ribbon on the handle

Deborah said...

This will make a cheerful gift Jennifer! Wonderful tin of love! Deb

Andrea, said...

Wow this is fantastic, what a wonderful gift idea. I love all the ribbons and the colours you have chosen. Have a good weekend

Chris said...

That covered tin is ADORABLE!! I love it. The handle is so cute with all of those ribbons on it.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

How stinkin' cute is that tin project! Love it! I'm sure this will cheer her up. :)

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute!
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Lisa Kind said...

Adorable! I'm just visiting via Beate's blog, and just love the name of your blog! How creative! I'm going to check in more oftne now!

Pat said...

Hi Jennifer! This is so cute and girly and all pink. What a wonderful gift for a special little girl. TFS.

Pat

Unknown said...

Ah! you DID post it. LOL! I totally adore this! You did such a rockin job on this, I totally adore it.

I can't even imagine how much time this must have taken you! ;-)

Melanie said...

oh MY! GOODNESS! Why haven't you been entering ym contests?? This is amazing!!!