Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Beate's Inspiration Challenge

Here is my card for Beate's inspiration challenge. I was all finished with this one last night...well, except for the crystal effects part...I needed to wait for it to dry...while waiting I took the bold...(yeah, I'm laughing at myself while I type that one...really bold move! ;) ...it is a good thing I make myself laugh! Anyway, I decided to try out the color challenge over at SCS...still can't believe I actually used sage shadow and orchid opulence! Wow!

...oh yeah, back to it...once the crystal effects had dried I realized that it completely blurred the stamped sentiment...talk about a bummer! It was late so I saved it for today...and here it is...

...this time around I embossed the sentiment first with a kaleidoscope embossing powder and then added the crystal effects...worked much much better! When I saw the inspiration piece all I could think of was frogs and lily pads...so there you go. Of course, what frog is complete without a set of jiggle eyes...I so love these things! I do feel like I buy them in bulk! I wanted the sentiment circle to look a bit like a build-a-brad...mine weren't quite big enough...It says 'smile'.

So there you have it...I am off to do????...ok...not sure what! I should be cleaning my desk! It is a complete disaster! I really don't even have room to work anymore! That's just a bit more practical than I care to be tonight though! We will see how that goes! ;) I must confess, I am anxious to see who goes on American Idol. I was less than impressed last night. Yes, I am a tv junkie!

I hope you are all doing well and I will post you soon! :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I am watching American Idols as well! I am guessing the country girl is going home. I don't care about the rocker chick too much either.
Fantastic card! I love it! Thanks for participating in the challenge!
Hugs and smiles

Diane Gilbert said...

Hey...It's American Idol at my house tonight too! I agree with Beate, I think the country girl is going too.

LOVE the card Jennifer! I like using those wiggly eyes too! You nailed the Inspiration challenge, way to go!!!

Donna Baker said...

this is SOO cute!!!

Deborah said...

Darling card! Deb

Anonymous said...

Love this frog! He's too cute! Such a great card!

Anonymous said...

"Oh Dear"Rofl...I cant stop chuckling away at your post!!!I can imagine you now Jennifer!!!!!Sounds a bit like meself!!!!
I sucked the !s! off me stamp last week....and had to empty the hoover to look for it...only trouble is it`s about the size of...???I dont know what size???a little dot!!!can you imagine the upset!!!!lol so I can imagine how you felt when yours smudged!!!!!!
Oh Im off on one now arnt I???lol...You think your bad!!!lol
But Your card is fantastic I love the way youv`e used the sketch...& how adorable is your frog:):):
I must watch American Pop Idol tommorrow I love it..I watch it at my daughters house with her.... but cant decide who like!!!!lol

Julie Koerber said...

Awwwww, this little guy is too cute! I am, for some reason, a sucker for frogs. I love those little tree frogs! Anyway, really cute card! Hope all is well lady! :-)

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, that frog is so cute and I love his googly eyes.

Mrs. T said...

You did a nice job with those colors. The card looks great! (I love googlie eyes, too.)

Corie said...

This is just so fantastic, love it

Carolyn King said...

Love this...how cute!!!!

(not a fan of the rocker girl either...think she is there because she was the only rocker girl!?)

Anyway...great card--just adorable . love the googlie eyes!

Marja Sch said...

This is gorgeous. Great job. What a cute frog.